For today’s training Thomas gave 4 strategies for dealing with fat fingers and touching other streams from playing chords.
In addition he showed a 12 bar blues using the bar chord shuffle strum.
He also answered questions like “How advanced can I get from just learning online?”
[18:45] Is there anything besides repetition to aide in landing your chord shapes correctly?
[23:48] How advanced can I get from just learning online?
[26:00] Do you do Skype lesson?
Tips for Working With Fat Fingers (notes)
- Neck width of the guitar
- Classical or steel string
- Convert a 12 string guitar
- Adjust finger angle
- Finger are wider than they are deep. Adjust so narrow part of finger is on the fretboard… angle hand.
- Angle finger up and down. Play more on tip of finger.
- Use different versions of chords
- A Chord
- E chord (two string with one finger; version with pinky)
- D chord
- One finger for two strings
- Don’t underestimate the ability of humans to adapt
- Be patient…
- Most overcome problem with practice.
- The more you play the harder your fingertips get and the less they spread out.