Hello everyone! My name is Jenny and I am from NY.

SIGNUP-main FREE-3 RGS Community Forums (Archive) Introduce Yourself… Hello everyone! My name is Jenny and I am from NY.

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Discussion

[email protected]
    Participant

I have been a member since April and I kid you not this is the first time that I have had the opportunity to log on and commit to learning the guitar!  I am a mother of 3 boys and I have a 2 1/2 hour commute to work in the morning and 2 1/2 hour commute home from work everyday!  So needless to say I roll in the house around 9pm to my 3 boys who need all of mommy’s attention (I give it willingly of course)!!!  After showering and perhaps getting a bite to eat (on a good day) I shower and climb into bed to hit the repeat button…the end.  That being said, I am committed to learning the guitar!!! Any suggestions would be gladly appreciated!!!

• Author
    Replies

Chris Lay

Welcome….I’m probably too much of a beginner to give much advice but, as they say “you asked”😊 My suggestion is to pick up your guitar EVERY DAY, even is it is only for 5 minutes, you will be surprised how much improvement you will see. And you will also begin to find a little more time as you improve. I am dead serious about this. I started learning about 2 years ago. I have probably only missed a handful of days of not picking up my guitar even for a very few minutes and picking out something. Maybe u can take it to work and hit it for 5 minutes at lunch, just keep doing it. I think most people try to go too fast anyway when trying a new endeavor, whether it is a golf swing or whatever. And most important to me, enjoy the journey, this about self satisfaction, relaxation (at the end of your long day), and enjoyment.  And one last thing, pick a simplified version of a song you like and work at it in little chunks, gives you a reward. Sorry for the long winded reply. Just enjoy!

Jenny Welcome!

Unlike Chris, I’m not a beginner and I can safely tell you Tomas and his Site

is the best thing that has happened in my guitar career.

Best of luck

Jack

Tomas
    Administrator

Hi Jenny,

Welcome aboard. I’m glad you made it here.

I want to second Chris’ tip… start small and be consistent.

It’s not that you’ll make super fast progress, but it will set up a chance to see some progress and may inspire more practice over time.

I would start with the Roadmap and go step by step.

https://realguitarsuccess.com/courses/starting-new/

Please feel free to ask any question here.

Take care,
    Tomas