Hi from Arkansas

• Creator
    Discussion

[email protected]
    Participant

Hi everyone. My name is Pat. I am from Bee Branch, Arkansas. I started playing guitar about 45 years ago but it has been in stops and starts. I am pretty much a beginner. I have been on Yousician for a while. I learned technique and got to practice those techniques — hammer ons, pull offs, slides, etc — but still don’t really have any songs to play.

Also I don’t have anyone to play with. I have tried the play along tracks but can’t improvise.

The reason I am here is that Tomas has talked about a structured approach. I think that’s what is missing; a roadmap of things to accomplish and ways to apply them.

Hope this makes sense.

Later.

• Author
    Replies

Tomas
    Administrator

Yahoo… you made it Pat 🙂

Welcome!

Yes, what you’re describing is missing with many guitar teachers. I know because I’ve hired dozens for my music school here in good ol’ SF Bay Area.

One thing that will help right now is some review… go through my Beginner’s Journey Roadmap. It will take a little patience on your part… but it will be worth it many times over.

And don’t be shy about asking questions (or just letting us know how you’re progressing) in the Community Help Forum… I’m checking at least twice a day right now.

I’m looking forward to supporting you in your guitar learning adventure.

Tomas