Hi from Tucson AZ

• Creator
    Discussion

Jim
    Participant

Glad to be here. I finally started playing a little over 1 month ago and I can’t get enough. I’ve loved music all of my life and it’s a big part of who I am. All kinds of music, from many eras including new groups. It’s like reading; whenever I read a passage that’s imaginative, clever and well constructed I will read and re-read to appreciate what the author did and how they got there. The same is true with music. It turns out I can write a little, but I never thought I could actually learn how to play music, especially as I got older. It turns out I can and it’s so addictive. When I’m not playing and practicing, I’m thinking about it and can’t wait to learn something new. When I sit down with my guitar it just feels right.

Anyway, I started with an app on my phone and that has given me a nice structure to start learning, keep me on track, chart my progress and keep me from getting complacent with comfortable material. Still, I felt like something was missing. One day I was worried about my thick fingers and how slow my basic chord work was going, so I looked online for some help. I was lucky enough to find one of Tomas’ videos on Youtube on that very subject and he was so helpful and reassuring. That was what was missing; I needed a mentor. I’ll still use the app for some work but I have a mentor now. First I’m filling in a few gaps with starter lessons, and then on to new stuff!

Jim

• Author
    Replies

Tomas
    Administrator

Hi Jim. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about yourself. Your enthusiasm is infectious. It helps me remember why I wanted to teach guitar. In fact I’m excited to go make some new lessons right now. I look forward to hearing from you more in the future.

Colonel

Howdy

Hi Jim ,I like your cat!

Welcome I’m sure you’ll be happy here. Tomas is a great guy and very helpful. I’ve been at it for a while slow learner I guess:)

Besides the guitar, we have something in common. I’m just southeast of you down herein Hereford. Best of luck.

Jack