How Do You Make Time For Guitar Practice?

SIGNUP-main FREE-3 RGS Community Forums (Archive) Help/General Discussion How Do You Make Time For Guitar Practice?

• Creator
    Discussion

Tomas
    Keymaster

I’ve been trying something this week that has helped me get the important things accomplished (including guitar practice) and reduce my frustration.

In the morning, before I get started working, I write down all the things that I want to do. I do this in the Google doc because it’s easy for me to work with.

Then I create a schedule in 30-minute increments. This means that I have to estimate how long each of the activities will take.

What I’ve noticed by doing this is that it forces me to be more realistic about what I can do in a day. It also allows me to choose what’s really important when I see I cannot actually get everything done.

For example, I often save my guitar practicing for the end of my day. Sometimes in the past when my work takes longer than I expected it cuts into my guitar practice time. Since I’ve been doing this I’ve been able to get my full guitar practice in as well as the more important things done, leaving the lesser important tasks for another day.

I’m curious how other people deal with this issue? Do you have a way to make sure you get what’s most important to you accomplished in a day?